Our Re-Sell-It is a large consignment sale of pre-owned children’s clothes, shoes, toys, and equipment that is held twice a year in the spring and fall. Members participate as buyers and sellers. The sales are also open to the public and other multiples clubs.
For all the latest news, please follow our Re-Sell-It page on Facebook. Click here for Facebook. Or you can sign up for an email notification of new sales and reminders of sales.
What exactly is the Re-Sell-It?
It is consignment sale hosted by the Greater St. Louis Mothers of Twins Club where twice a year our members sell and purchase used items for children. It is also open to the public and members of other multiples club during specific time periods.
What do you sell at the Re-Sell-It?
While the actual items for sale at each sale is wholly dependent on what members are willing to part with, the following is what we allow them to sell –
- Seasonal Children’s Clothing – Girls sizes up to junior size 15, Boys sizes up to men’s medium. This includes outerwear also. During the Fall sale, we allow winter items such as heavy jackets, snow pants & bibs AND Halloween costumes. There are usually lots of infant clothes; some new with tags.
- Maternity Clothes – We accept all sizes.
- Children’s Shoes – Tennis shoes, dress shoes, boots and specialty sports shoes; snow boots at the Fall sale. We sell children’s size 5 and under except for specialty sports shoes which we accept all sizes. Sports shoes would include baseball, soccer or football cleats, wrestling shoes, dance shoes, etc.
- Layette Items – Hats, infant and toddler socks and tights, training and plastic pants, cloth and swim diapers, bras (training and size A), onesies, blankets, nursing pillows, etc.
- Toys – Pretty much anything you can think of including wagons, scooters, 20 inch and under bikes, kitchen sets, games, etc. Everything except stuffed animals and furniture. If you are in the market for furniture, we do have a bulletin board where members can advertise furniture for sale.
- Equipment – You name it and we’ve probably sold it. Strollers (occasionally we have triplet or quad strollers), high chairs, swings, bouncy seats, car seats (they have to be under 8 years old), baby carriers, mobiles, safety gates, bath rings, baby bathtubs, booster seats, exersaucers, monitors, bed rails, pack-n-plays, breast pumps, potty chairs and Johnny Jump-ups.
- Books & Videos – Books, CDs and family videos for all ages. Parenting and pregnancy reference books for the adults.
- Video Games & Systems – All systems, game accessories and games.
You sell Video Games?
Yes, we have a special table for video games and gaming systems for all ages. Sometimes the table is hard to find, ask a worker and they will point the way.
Do you sell baby bottles or diaper bags?
We do allow our members to sell baby bottles but not the nipples. We do not allow our members to sell diaper bags.
This Sale sounds GREAT but alas I am not a parent of multiples.
No worries! We love parents of singletons and you are welcome to shop at our public shopping time.
Is there an admission price?
Yes, we charge $1 for adults at the public shopping time.
Can I bring my kids?
While we do allow children during the public shopping period, we discourage it because it can get very crowded and quite warm. If you do decide to bring them, we do not charge an admission price for accompanied children. Please be aware that we do not allow strollers within the shopping area.
Do you accept credit cards?
Yes, we accept cash, checks, Mastercard and Visa. However, sometimes the wait for the credit card machine is lengthy.
What are the public shopping hours?
The shopping period for public shoppers is from noon to 2:30 pm.
Do you have a special shopping period for members of other multiples clubs?
Yes, we welcome our fellow multiple parents at 11:30. Please have a member of your board of directors send an official email with your name on it (or the whole membership list, if that’s easier) to email@example.com.
I am not a member of your club, can I sell my stuff at your sale?
Alas, we do not have the volunteer person-power to accept public items at this time. But if you happen to know someone that does belong to GSLMOTC, we do have a program that accepts items from Friends and Family of our members. Have your friend obtain the official instructions associated with this program. Tell her that it’s on Big Tent and the two of you can proceed from there.
I saw someone swapping tags on two items, isn’t that frowned upon?
Oh my yes. Let’s be clear here, that is just another form of shoplifting which we take very, very seriously. If you happen to see someone switching tags, please let a worker know. He or she will go get one of our on-site police officers to deal with the situation. Please, a few dollars saved is not worth a criminal shoplifting charge.
Can I bring my stroller into the shopping area?
Sorry no. Shoplifting is a huge concern and we simply do not have the volunteer person-power to inspect each stroller leaving the premises.
I have a set of multiple children, can I join your club?
We would LOVE for you to join our club. Ask a worker where the membership table is and there you can chat with our membership chairwomen about the requirements for joining. Unfortunately, you will not be able to complete the process that day. You are still welcome to shop during the public shopping hours.
I used to be a member but I forgot to renew, can I rejoin at the sale?
You will need to discuss rejoining with our membership chairwomen about what will be required to rejoin. Again, you won’t be able to compete this process that day but are welcome to shop during the public shopping time.
Do you have a snack bar?
Yes, our Scholarship committee hosts “The Bakery” and sells all sorts of snack items and drinks. Some of the items are even homemade and all items are quite delicious. They will also have an assortment of pizza and sandwiches available around lunch time. The proceeds from this “The Bakery” funds two scholarships a year that are awarded to deserving children of multiple birth seeking a higher education.